February 13

Barack Obama Being Undercut By NAACP

Posted by Brian

Julian Bond & Barack Obama

We all have known for over a year that the delegates for Florida and Michigan would not count and for that reason no one campaigned in those states. There are some that pushing hard for those votes to count so that Hilary can steal this election.

NAACP chairman Julian Bond sent a letter to Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean expressing ”great concern” at what he says is the prospect that millions of voters in the two states could “have their votes completely discounted.” And he says the refusal to seat the delegations could remind voters of “racially discriminatory primaries.”

Why speak up now?

The worst part of this election has been the lack of support that Obama has received from the alleged “leaders” of the black community. I would not expect them all to support him as their are many reasons why people make decisions in politics, but they all are against him. The only one I can half remember offering his support is Jesse Jackson and then he followed that up by blasting him for not going down to support the Jena 6. Good move Barack!

Now that Obama has the lead, it will be interesting to see who else is used as a puppet. The worse part is when they all have to smile in Obama’s face as President and tell the lie during their own re-election campaigns about how they supported him from the start. I wonder who will be the next surprise that the Clinton’s set up to try and stop the steam rolling she has taken for the last few weeks.

Be Sociable, Share!

8 comments...What do you think?

1. 4Avatars v0.3.1Posted by Pages tagged "maryland" 13th February, 2008 at 6:25 am

[...] bookmarks tagged maryland Barack Obama Being Undercut By NAACP saved by 5 others     thedarksasuke6 bookmarked on 02/13/08 | [...]

2. 4Avatars v0.3.1Posted by Barack Obama » Barack Obama Being Undercut By NAACP 13th February, 2008 at 6:52 am

[...] – What’s Really Going On wrote an interesting post today on Barack Obama Being Undercut By NAACPHere’s a quick excerpt   By winning Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C. in landslide victories, Barack Obama has won 8 states in the last two weeks verses none for Clinton. According to CNN estimates, Obama now leads Clinton in the delegate count. Let the real shadyness begin. We all have known for over a year that the delegates for Florida and Michigan would not count and for that reason no one campaigned in those states. There are some that pushing hard for those votes to count so that Hilary can steal this e [...]

3. 4Avatars v0.3.1Posted by Kevin Myles 13th February, 2008 at 3:22 pm

When I read about Chairman Bond’s comments, I was outraged and I am an NAACP Branch President.

So I picked up my phone and started calling members of the board and staff to try and understand what in the world was going on. Now to be clear, I am not speaking on behalf of Chairman Bond or anyone else, but I will share with you what I was told.

The position Bond espoused was not that the delegations should be seated in accordance with the results of the ‘primaries’. But rather the people of Michigan and Florida should be given some opportunity to vote and indicate their choice, whether that be through a new primary or caucus or some other means. Bond did not talk about what methods would be used, but from what I have heard, his intent was to push the DNC chair to take some kind of action to resolve this prior to the convention.

Since they had been stripped by the DNC, technically no election took place in either State. Bond’s push was that some mechanism be selected for determining the will of the residents of MI and FL.

Kevin Myles
    President; Wichita Branch NAACP
    Political Action Chair; Kansas State NAACP

4. 4Avatars v0.3.1Posted by Brian 13th February, 2008 at 4:39 pm

Kevin

Thanks for the response and the research. I understand that you are not speaking for Chairman Bond, but if that was his position, the only thing I question is the timing. Why now?

I understand it is his responsibility to stick up for the rights of those treated unfairly(that really is the responsibility of all of us), but I find it very strange or a weird coincidence that his objection to how those states were handled come up now. That has been talked about for a long time that the DNC decided on those states long ago. If there was kicking and screaming at the beginning it would make more sense.

Suspicious timing coupled with the lack of support that Barack Obama has recieved from older Black Leaders makes that explanation a little far reaching for me. It may be true, but timing gives that explanation a funny smell!

Brian

5. 4Avatars v0.3.1Posted by rawdawgbuffao 13th February, 2008 at 11:52 pm

negroes and flies, dang, the the new jim crow and i just wrote about The father of Jim Crow

6. 4Avatars v0.3.1Posted by Televisiontraci 29th February, 2008 at 6:03 pm

I too would love to know why now.

Florida and Michigan CHOOSE to move their primary dates up, no one forced them too!! Now they are paying the consequence. They were told not to by the democratic pary and they did it anyway. There were no complaints then. No one said hey lwave the dates where it is so these peoples votes can count way back then!!

NOW IT IS TOO LATE!